Tuesday 29 June 2010

Rain!

Unbelievable. Just as I'd got the water butt cleaned out. Though I would have collected more water if I'd remembered to turn the tap off...

Our neighbour Sue moves out today. She has been so kind to Rainbow over Tink. She has 3 cats, one of whom seemed to really be friends with Tink. He pops up to visit every so often and seems to be searching for him. So we will miss him as well.

I do want our glorious summer to continue. I was starting to get used to it.

Lots of leaves - red and green lettuce, lots of spinach (delicious wilted with a bit of garlic). We had a pod of teeny tiny peas each at the weekend, but are trying to hold off until they are a more respectable size. We never manage to actually cook them. The beans are starting to take off and there are flowers on the pumpkin plants.

We have had our first courgettes - tender and tasty. I threw some sorrel into a potato salad last night - yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment