Wednesday 9 December 2009

Starting

I want to have more room to celebrate the small things that give pleasure, the things that add up to happiness. I carry around an article that gives a list of 12 happiness-enhancing activities and I want to explore those a bit and see where they take me. Some of them I do consciously already, some I probably do unconsciously and some I don't do at all.

One of the problems I have with the idea of therapy is the idea that you need to change yourself to be happy or fulfilled, or whatever. Sometimes you have to battle injustice and fight for what is right, obviously. But paying attention to what is good in your life, savouring pleasures, acknowledging what's going right - it seems so obvious that that will make you feel better. And even in the hardest times I have been lucky enough to find positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment