Monday 25 January 2010

Thanks Mum

This entry is brought to you in tribute to my mum who made our fantastic weekend possible by looking after her grandchildren for THREE nights. What a star. I hope she had a good time.

So we had a trip up north, to Leeds, in fact, which was fab. I've come back feeling slightly sad that my children are southerners, and likely to remain so...

We saw loads of lovely friends, stayed up far too late, indulged ourselves, ate out. It was Big Pete's 50th, great venue, great band (Moldy Joe) - who did a rather more fist pumping version of this rather wonderful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxg7W4iunFE



I have been trying to work out what it is about the north. I think people are far more determined to have a good time. I think it's maybe that there are a lot more Irish there?


So we had a great Indian meal in Arti's on Friday night - marsala dhosa, marvellous - a nice trendy arts centre lunch on Saturday, a cup of tea at Harvey Nicks , and Casa Mia's on Sunday at lunch time for the best meal I've had in a long time. I never thought a weekend in Leeds would feel like a glamourous city break but that's how it was. So my 3 BT:


1 Getting a dhosa. Fantastic. My favourite Indian dish of all time.
2 Hanging out with Siobhan for a bit. Not something I get to do very often.
3 Wearing a sticky out skirt and dancing all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment